Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Celebrate Spring Marshmallows!

With baby Levi now in the family, there's no doubt it is hard to find one-on-one time for Addy.  That's why I try to create quick activities that are fun and easy.  This is definitely one of them!  Once I got him settled for a nap, we ran to the kitchen and got started!

This literally came to me while standing in the baking aisle at Harris Teeter.  If other people have done this before, I don't know, but it seems so easy I'd be shocked if I'm the first.  Anyhow, I was letting Addy push the kid cart when she threw in a bag of marshmallows.  Now I usually do not buy whatever she wants at the store, but she was so excited I just went with it.  (Of course we swapped the brand name for the $0.99 store brand).  On a whim I grabbed my favorite baking chocolate and some "spring themed" sprinkles... and we were off!





What You Need:
- bag of large marshmallows
- chocolate candy coating
- festive sprinkles
- wax paper


What You Do:

- Melt your chocolate acccording to package.
(mine works well in the microwave and only takes 2 minutes)

- Get your sprinkles and marshmallows out and ready.

- Dip half of one marshmallow into the chocolate and lightly shake excess off.


- Then dip into sprinkles.


- Set on wax paper to dry.


- Once dry, flip over! 
Repeat until you have a bunch of these cute little things...


- Enjoy! :)


Be on the lookout for little hands trying to sneak one more :)



Celebrate Spring Marshmallows

No comments:

Post a Comment