The truth is I am not a huge fan of buying greeting cards. Honestly, they just feel like a big waste of money... I mean come on, five bucks just for a card! I'd rather write a thoughtful letter. Now, although there are times I give in and just buy the stinkin' card.... for Father's Day this year I definitely wanted to make something more personal.
Now that we have finally settled into our new house, I am able to wrap my head around getting some crafts going. Father's Day was a perfect reason to pull out my supplies and make something creative. I saw a ton of these handprint cards on Pinterest last week, and here it is...
What You Need:
- construction paper
- glue stick
- little hands :)
What To Do:
- Trace your child's hand twice, or if you have two children, you will just trace one handprint for each of them (as you see above).
- Using scissors, cut out the handprints.
- Cut an approximately 1"x 8" strip (as seen in yellow above).
- Fold the strip accordian style.
- Write you message on each hand, and the accordian strip in the middle.
- Fold to make the card.
- When the card is opened, your sweet message is displayed!